The council’s area extends to approx. 1.887 hectare with a population of around 2,500 (2011 census). Cyngor Cymuned Pentir’s boundaries include the villages and rural areas of Pentir, Glasinfryn, Waen Wen, Caerhun, Minffordd, Treborth and Penrhosgarnedd. Faenol Ward also includes Ysgol y Faenol, Ysbyty Gwynedd and Parc Menai Business Park and extends past the Faenol Estate, down towards the Menai Straits as far as Brynadda, Y Felinheli.
Over the past few years, there has been some considerable development within the council’s area with the development of Cae Garnedd in Penrhosgarnedd and the new Redrow housing development on the outskirts of the village on the Goetre site. Cae Garnedd is an Extra Care complex managed jointly by Cyngor Gwynedd and North Wales Housing Association. It consists of 42 flats for the over 55s.
Click on the photo to open our INFORMATION LEAFLET about our area, its history and footpaths:
The Council's Assets
The council have a number of assets and leases that they manage. These include:
- Glasinfryn Village Hall (management delegated to a Management Committee made up of Trustees)
- Pentir Community Cemetery (which includes an extension and parking area)
- Y Capel Bach – The Little Chapel (within the boundaries of the cemetery)
- Canolfan Penrhosgarnedd (leased from Gwynedd Council with management delegated to a Management Committee made up of Trustees)
- Caerhun Playground
- Bus Shelters
- Flower troughs
- Community Defibs
- Public Footpaths (management delegated to Pentir Community Council)